In case your domain is already in the Redemption Period, and you do not wish to pay the fee, you may wait until the domain is released by the Registry.
A redemption fee is charged when a domain has expired and/or passes the Autorenew Grace Period (AGP) and enters the Redemption Grace Period (RGP).
Why a Redemption Fee is Charged
If you do not renew your domain in time or within the grace period, it enters Redemption Grace Period (RGP). The fee covers the cost of returning the domain to you. In order to return the domain to you and renew it at this stage, you need to pay the redemption fee of $150 in addition to any applicable registration or renewal fees.
Domain Life Cycle
- Your domain settings and contact information can be modified while Active
- Typically your domain can be registered or renewed for a minimum of 1 year up to a maximum of 10 years
- Expired – One day after your domain’s expiration date, the domain is Expired.
- Your email will stop working
- Your website will be replaced with a “parked” page
- Redemption – Depending on the registrar, your domain can enter redemption about 45 days after it expires. Domain in redemption requires a special redemption fee in addition to the regular domain renewal fee.
- Pending Delete
- Lasts approximately 5 days
- Changes cannot be made to the domain (DNS updates, ownership information)
- Your domain cannot be redeemed
Why is the redemption fee so high?
We agree with you that the redemption fee is quite high. It is set by our upstream Registrar and Domain Registry, that is why we are unable to waive it.
We highly recommend you to take all possible precautions to avoid domain expiration and its falling into the redemption phase.
In case your domain is already in the Redemption Period, and you do not wish to pay the fee, you may wait until the domain is released by the Registry (normally, domains are released 80-85 days after the expiration) or back-order the domain using any back-ordering service.
You Deserve A Better Tech Support Experience.
Looking for managed Tech Support? We run an online tech support platform serving the individuals and business entities with best-in-class strategy and technology support.